The recipe shown here is for a strawberry fondue, but you can adjust it to reflect the type of fruit that is in season.
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Fresh strawberries, washed|
|300 ml||(1 1/4 cup)||Cream, 35%|
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Icing Sugar|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Milk|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Corn Starch|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Vanilla|
|Assortment of Dippers|
1. In a bowl, puree the strawberries.
2. In a saucepan on low heat, warm up the cream.
3. Gradually add the sugar and strawberry puree.
4. In a separate bowl, dilute the corn starch into the milk.
5. Add the corn starch/milk to the saucepan and mix well.
6. Let the mixture thicken and add the vanilla.
7. Pour the strawberry fondue into a warm dessert fondue pot.
8. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
9. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Fruit Fondue Dippers
Typically, the fruit pieces are dipped into chocolate or caramel. This time, feel free to dip fruit or other dessert into the strawberry fondue. Try some of these: